Pork Taquitos Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Toppings: sour cream, guacamole and additional salsa verde
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Add the pork, cheese, cilantro, salsa and lime juice. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 2. Place 2 tablespoons filling over lower third of each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks. Place taquitos on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes.
- 3. Cool completely on a wire rack. Discard toothpicks. Place taquitos on a waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet; freeze until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen taquitos: Arrange desired number of taquitos in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with toppings. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 taquito (calculated without toppings) equals 162 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Taquitos
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.