Pork Taquitos Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, guacamole and additional salsa verde
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Add the pork, cheese, cilantro, salsa and lime juice. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Place 2 tablespoons filling over lower third of each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Place taquitos on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Cool completely. Discard toothpicks. Place taquitos on a waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet; freeze until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen taquitos: Arrange desired number of taquitos in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and additional salsa verde. Yield: 1 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pork Taquitos(2)
Sort By :
I made these again this evening, and I still struggled to keep them together. The ones that were the best I placed seam side down and skipped the toothpicks. The ones with toothpicks pulled away and curled up. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.
I made these for the Super Bowl. I used some leftover pork carnitas from Melissa D'Arabian's Burrito Bowl recipe (Food Network 10 Dollar Dinners). They were excellent. The first few taquitos that I rolled started splitting after a few minutes. To fix that, I had to microwave just one or two tortillas at a time on damp paper towels to soften them more. I think these were our favorite snack item of the night. (I did not freeze them so I cannot comment on that part of the process.)
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Mexican Appetizers >