Pork-Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
- 1 large eggplant (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1. Cut off stem of eggplant; cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Scoop out and reserve center, leaving a 1/2-in shell. Steam shells for 3-5 minutes or just until tender; drain. Cube reserved eggplant. In a saucepan, cook eggplant cubes in boiling water for 6-8 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook pork until no longer pink; drain. Add eggplant cubes, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 3. Fill shells; place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over eggplant. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 431 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Pork-Stuffed Eggplant
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer