- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces fresh or 6 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small Chinese or napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- Cooking spray
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the mirin, tamari and cornstarch. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Spread noodles over a paper towel-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a small bowl, combine the broth, oyster sauce, mirin, tamari, cornstarch, ginger and garlic.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 2 minutes. Add the cabbage, corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, celery and shallots; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in snow peas; heat through.
- Meanwhile, arrange noodles into six nests on a greased baking sheet; spray tops with cooking spray. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve with stir-fry. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Stir-Fry with Noodle Nests in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p101
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Stir-Fry with Noodle Nests
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review