Pork Stew with Green Chilies Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, brown pork in oil. Add the onion, jalapenos, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and bay leaf; saute until onion is tender. Add potatoes and water; bring to boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add tomatoes and chilies; simmer 10 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 253 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Pork Stew with Green Chilies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.