- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, brown pork in oil. Add the onion, jalapenos, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and bay leaf; saute until onion is tender. Add potatoes and water; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add tomatoes and chilies; simmer 10 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pork Stew with Green Chilies
Sort By :
This is excellent, not too hot at all. I used one Serrano pepper since I didn't have jalapenos and this didn't seem to matter. So easy to make and leftovers the next day are even better yet! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I've made this twice, and loved it both times. My family doesn't like it really hot, so I only used one jalapeno. Don't be afraid of the cumin and chopped green chilies - the potatoes mellow them out.
Very good and easy!
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Stews >