Pork Spring Rolls Recipe
When my daughter started a gluten-free diet, I experimented in the kitchen to create some new foods. My mild pork rolls were a hit with all of our friends and family who sampled them.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 package (8.8 ounces) vermicelli-style thin rice noodles
- 18 rice papers (8 inches)
- Torn romaine
- Sweet chili sauce
- In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the carrot, onions, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, oil, pepper flakes, salt and pepper until blended.
- Add the water, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain well. Fill a shallow bowl with water. Soak a rice paper in the water just until pliable, about 30-45 seconds (depending on thickness of rice papers); remove, allowing excess water to drip off.
- Place on a flat surface. Layer meat mixture and noodles down the center; top with romaine. Fold both ends over filling; fold one long side over the filling, then roll up tightly. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cover with damp paper towels until serving. Cut rolls diagonally in half and serve with sweet chili sauce. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pork Spring Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Spring Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >