Pork Spiedis Recipe
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 slices Italian bread
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork on small metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill or broil for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.
- To serve, wrap a slice of bread around about five pork cubes and pull off skewer. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pork Spiedis
Sort By :
Very good! I ended up not cutting the meat into pieces, but it still tasted amazing! I will definitely be making it again.