Pork Spiedis Recipe
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 slices Italian bread
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork on small metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill or broil for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. To serve, wrap a slice of bread around about five pork cubes and pull off skewer. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (not including bread) equals 214 calories, 12 g fat (0 saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Pork Spiedis
"Very good! I ended up not cutting the meat into pieces, but it still tasted amazing! I will definitely be making it again."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.