Pork Spanish Rice Recipe
My family wasn't fond of pork roast until I used it in this yummy casserole.—Betty Unrau, MacGregor, Manitoba
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in pork and rice.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 304 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Pork Spanish Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC