Pork Spanish Rice
My family wasn't fond of pork roast until I used it in this yummy casserole.—Betty Unrau, MacGregor, Manitoba
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a
- boil; stir in pork and rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 304 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.