- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add pork. Seal bag; refrigerate overnight. Discard marinade. Thread meat on skewers, leaving a small space between pieces.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Souvlakia in Country Pork 1996, p107
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pork Souvlakia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review