Pork Soft-Shell Tacos Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink; drain and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the enchilada sauce, peanuts, chocolate chips, raisins, garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- 2. Pour into a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to skillet. Stir in corn and pork mixture; cook until heated through.
- 3. Spoon pork mixture down one half of each tortilla; fold remaining side over filling. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and green onions Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 tacos) equals 370 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.