Pork Slaw Skillet Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 pound each) cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Dash pepper
- 7 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and water until smooth. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, celery seed and pepper; pour into the skillet; add vegetables.
- 3. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. Top with pork; cover and cook until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 248 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Slaw Skillet
"A lot of work for something we did not like."
"Couldn't get enough of this dish.."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer