Pork Slaw Skillet Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 pound each) cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Dash pepper
- 7 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and water until smooth. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, celery seed and pepper; pour into the skillet; add vegetables.
- 3. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. Top with pork; cover and cook until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 248 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Pork Slaw Skillet
"A lot of work for something we did not like."
"Couldn't get enough of this dish.."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer