- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 pound each) cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Dash pepper
- 7 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and water until smooth. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, celery seed and pepper; pour into the skillet; add vegetables.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. Top with pork; cover and cook until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pork Slaw Skillet
Sort By :
A lot of work for something we did not like.
Couldn't get enough of this dish..