Pork Skillet Recipe
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large skillet, , cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm. Mix pan drippings with bread crumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup; sprinkle remaining crumbs into an 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Combine the rhubarb, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; spoon half over the bread crumbs. Arrange pork chops on top. Spoon remaining rhubarb mixture over chops. Cover and bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes.
- 3. Uncover; sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pork is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Pork Skillet
"The tartness of the rhubarb, chewiness of the pork and crunchiness of the bread crumbs made a very enticing combination."
"After making this I purchased more rhubarb and blanched and froze more so that I can make it all winter long. We love it that much."
"These were so good!!!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.