Pork Skillet Recipe
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large skillet, , cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm. Mix pan drippings with bread crumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup; sprinkle remaining crumbs into an 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Combine the rhubarb, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; spoon half over the bread crumbs. Arrange pork chops on top. Spoon remaining rhubarb mixture over chops. Cover and bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes.
- 3. Uncover; sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pork is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein .
Reviews for Pork Skillet
"The tartness of the rhubarb, chewiness of the pork and crunchiness of the bread crumbs made a very enticing combination."
"After making this I purchased more rhubarb and blanched and froze more so that I can make it all winter long. We love it that much."
"These were so good!!!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.