Pork Skillet Recipe
This pork casserole is a perfect mix of sweet and tart, and is quite an unusual use of rhubarb. I enjoy rhubarb but I'm not a dessert person, so I like to use it for more than pies and cobblers. —Jeanie Castor, Decatur, Illinois
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, , cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm. Mix pan drippings with bread crumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup; sprinkle remaining crumbs into an 8-in. square baking dish.
- Combine the rhubarb, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; spoon half over the bread crumbs. Arrange pork chops on top. Spoon remaining rhubarb mixture over chops. Cover and bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pork is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Pork Chop Casserole in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Skillet(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >