Pork Schnitzel with Sauce Recipe
- 2 pork cutlets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Flatten meat to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, seasoned salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place bread crumbs and paprika in a third shallow dish. Coat meat with flour; dip in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm. Stir 1/3 cup broth into a skillet, scraping browned bits. In a bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the sour cream, dill, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with cutlets. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 341 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Pork Schnitzel with Sauce
"We loved this recipe. I used chicken thighs and they turned out great. The sauce was good with or without the dill."
"This was very good. I really liked the sauce. I served the pork with rice and roasted asparagus.The sauce was very good with the rice. this is a keeper"
"This was really delicious, sauce and all. Only thing I did was salt the meat a little bit and I used panko crumbs. Made for a crispy breading. Flavors were spot on. Served this with onion and chive mashed potatoes and saut?ed brussel sprouts with bacon and balsamic vinegar. Wonderful meal"
"This is one of our families news favorites!!! I do have to cut the sauce down as it makes quiet a bit."
"Pork Chops took a lot longer than 4 minutes to cook and the sauce was terrible."
"quick and taste great"
"This has become a household favorite. It's pretty easy and quick to make when you get sed to it. I have replaced the dill weed with 1 TBLS capers and it was also really good."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer