Pork Schnitzel with Sauce Recipe
- 2 pork cutlets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Flatten meat to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, seasoned salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place bread crumbs and paprika in a third shallow dish. Coat meat with flour; dip in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm. Stir 1/3 cup broth into a skillet, scraping browned bits. In a bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the sour cream, dill, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with cutlets. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 341 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer