- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 pork sirloin cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- DILL SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, seasoned salt and pepper. In a second shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. In a third bowl, mix bread crumbs and paprika.
- Pound pork cutlets with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip cutlets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork in batches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to a serving plate; keep warm. Wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth; add to same skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream and dill; heat through (do not boil). Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Schnitzel with Dill Sauce
Sort By :
"Sour cream dill sauce is a must! I breaded the pork ahead of time and put it on a plate in the fridge. Once company arrived, it cooked up quickly. Wonderful flavor."
"My husband, who travels often to Germany for business, gave this high marks!"
"This was a hit! My family enjoyed it. I'll add chopped onion to the dill sauce next time because I thought it was a little on the bland side."
"Delicious and so much fun to make. The pork was well seasoned and tasty and the sauce went really well with it."
"I used a pork tenderloin whole boneless about 2 1/2 lbs. sliced it about 1/2 inch. Pounded it with back of big frying pan. Went quick and wasn't expensive. I did double recipe . Results were fantastic! Sauce was complimentary. Perfect for entertaining as I breaded everything ahead of time and the fry time was quick! In the recipe box this goes!"