Pork Schnitzel with Dill Sauce Recipe
- 6 pork sirloin cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Flatten pork cutlets to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the flour, seasoned salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat eggs and milk. Combine bread crumbs and paprika in another bowl. Dip cutlets into flour mixture, then into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Cook pork in oil in a large skillet, a few pieces at a time, for 3-4 minutes per side or until tender. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Pour 1 cup broth into skillet, scraping bottom of pan to loosen browned bits. Combine flour and remaining broth until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in dill and sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Spoon over pork. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Schnitzel with Dill Sauce(13)
Sort By :
This was absolutely delicious!!! Pork was so tender!
Very good recipe. Will definately add this to my dinner list.
This was a big hit at our house. The pork as very tender and the dill sauce was very yummy. It was pretty simple to make and the ingredients were pretty mush kitchen staples at my house.
Absolutely fantastic. Took me a while to pound out the cutlets, so I would say closer to 30 minutes than 20, but this was delicious. I fried in coconut oil instead of vegetable oil b/c it's better for you, and it turned out great. Will definitely be making again!
This is one of the best meals I have ever cooked. Absolutely delicious!