- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into eight slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Pound pork slices with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add pork in batches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until pork is golden brown, using 1 tablespoon butter as needed. Remove; keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, and remaining salt and pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 5-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Return pork to pan. Stir in cream and 2 tablespoons parsley; heat through. Serve with noodles; sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Scallopini with Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews forPork Scallopini with Mushrooms
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2014
"This got me a written note: "Let's have this a lot.""