Pork Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 20 to 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 egg white
- 1. Remove mushroom stems from caps. Set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use). In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and egg white. Stir in onion mixture. Fill the mushroom caps; place in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are browned. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.