Pork Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 20 to 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 egg white
- Remove mushroom stems from caps. Set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use). In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and egg white. Stir in onion mixture. Fill the mushroom caps; place in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are browned. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms(5)
Sort By :
Delicious. I do recommend setting your mushroom caps upside down on a paper towel after wiping them down with a different paper towel just to make sure they are nice and dry. I used Hot pork sausage and it really amp'd up the flavor.
Great appetizer! Be sure to wipe mushrooms clean with a paper towel versus rinsing in water. They hold the water which makes them soggy.
A hit appetizer at our party. I used panko instead of bread crumbs for less sodium.
THESE ARE SOOOOO GOOOD!!!!!! I have made them several time and alway get loads of complaments on them. my brotherin law even said that they may hav been the thing he had ever eaten! Really good, and really easy! DEF. recomend them for anyone!
Can these be frozen??
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- German Appetizers >
- German Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >