Pork Sausage Brunch Pizza Recipe
Since the country sausage gravy that Angela Hart called for isn't widely available, we changed her recipe to use leftover cooked pork sausage and cream gravy. “This brunch recipe is unbelievably quick and easy, but also very delicious,” reports the Cool Ridge, West Virginia cook. TIP: “It goes well with a bowl of fruit salad,” Angela recommends.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) country-style cream gravy
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup cooked pork sausage
- 1. Place the crust on an ungreased pizza pan or baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add eggs; cook until soft-set, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Spread gravy over crust; top with scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon and sausage. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC