Pork Sausage Brunch Pizza Recipe
Since the country sausage gravy that Angela Hart called for isn't widely available, we changed her recipe to use leftover cooked pork sausage and cream gravy. “This brunch recipe is unbelievably quick and easy, but also very delicious,” reports the Cool Ridge, West Virginia cook. TIP: “It goes well with a bowl of fruit salad,” Angela recommends.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) country-style cream gravy
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup cooked pork sausage
- Place the crust on an ungreased pizza pan or baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add eggs; cook until soft-set, stirring occasionally.
- Spread gravy over crust; top with scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon and sausage. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Pizza in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p46
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pork Sausage Brunch Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2011
We made this for brunch, and everyone in our family enjoyed it. It was nice to have something "different." I was able to use one can of gravy for 2 crusts, and then just doubled the rest of the ingredients.