Pork Satay Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for dipping sauce. Pour remaining sauce into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork slices onto 20 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place skewers on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine peanut butter and water in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in lime juice and reserved soy sauce mixture. Serve with skewers. Yield: 20 servings.
1 skewer with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 73 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Satay
"This is one of my favorite recipes from Quick and Simple. I've made it a bunch of times. Going to make it for dinner tomorrow in fact! It's so different from what I usually make. I made it for a friend once so she could try it too. I'm a sucker for peanut butter and wasn't sure how it would be in a dish like this, but it's SO good! I'm actually going to let it marinade for 24+ hrs. so making dinner after work won't take as long."
"This sauce is great! I marinated chicken thighs in this sauce all day and grilled them...turned out incredible!"
"Made them for a party. They were a big hit and others asked for the recipe."
"Delicious! Easy to make, really attractive on the plate....what's not to love? This is a keeper!"
"My husband and I loved this! The marinade is versatile, so I like to double it up to use on steak and chicken. If making the dip, I'll probably go a little easy on the peanut butter next time."
"I was looking for something easy and interesting and this recipe sure fit the bill. I'm kind of daring in the kitchen, so when we were expecting some friends over,I thought "Why not?" There wasn't a scrap left. Raves all around. Thank you!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer