Pork Satay Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for dipping sauce. Pour remaining sauce into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork slices onto 20 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place skewers on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine peanut butter and water in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in lime juice and reserved soy sauce mixture. Serve with skewers. Yield: 20 servings.
1 skewer with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 73 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Satay
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer