Pork Satay with Rice Noodles Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 9 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- Minced fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts, optional
- Sprinkle pork with pepper. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with onion. In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper sauce; gradually add broth. Pour over onion. Cook, covered, on low 4-6 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer cooking juices to a large skillet. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth and add to pan. Return to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with pork mixture. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Satay with Rice Noodles
Sort By :
I made this today and it was very, very good!!! It was super easy and delious. Went right by the recipe and wouldn't change a thing. Thank you for a great recipe!
I made this recipe exactly as written. Even though it was good everyone thought it was pork stroganoff. I'm not sure why but it just didn't taste as we expected. I won't be making this again but I wouldn't discourage anyone from making it. Let's face it, we all have different tastes.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Satay >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >