Pork Sandwiches with Root Beer Barbecue Sauce
My tasty recipe is sure to please a crowd! People say they love the subtle heat and hint of sweetness in these saucy sandwiches. Try serving them with coleslaw and pickles. —Karen Currie, Kirkwood, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 9-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 3 cups root beer, divided
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic and 1 cup
- root beer. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is
- In a small saucepan, combine the chili sauce, hot pepper sauce and
- remaining root beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices.
- Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in
- barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.