- 2 pounds boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 3 cups root beer, divided
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic and 1 cup root beer. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chili sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining root beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pork Sandwiches with Root Beer Barbecue Sauce
"We didn't like this recipe at all. We made ourselves eat the rest because we didn't want it to go to waste. Won't be making this again. The sauce was horrible!"
"The pork was great but the sauce was just ok"
"The meat cooked nicely but if I made again I would use bottled sauce. My family did NOT like the sauce. The dog wouldn't even eat it! We threw it away and ordered pizza."
"Had this at a work potluck and loved it! So yummy and it was the recipe most asked for."
"My family loved this recipe. To start, I cannot eat hot sauce and it was omitted completely so it wasn't missed. The simmered sauce was delicious! The only problem was that it was a little too runny, so the next time I added cornstarch to thicken it just a bit. There are no leftovers with this!"