Pork Sandwich Spread
From Norfolk, Nebraska, Lorraine Kramer sent this recipe that uses up extra pork and makes a satisfying solution for brown-bag lunches. "This is a favorite that I turn to whenever I have leftover pork roast," she writes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups ground cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 12 slices white bread
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over six
- slices of bread, about 1-1/3 cups on each; top with remaining bread.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One sandwich (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 284 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.