Pork Sandwich Spread Recipe
- 2 cups ground cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 12 slices white bread
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over six slices of bread, about 1-1/3 cups on each; top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 284 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pork Sandwich Spread
"I love this recipe, I omit the celery, as my husband doesn't like celery. We like it on wheat or white buns. Wonderful!!!"
"This is very good. A great way to use up leftover pork. We tried it as a sandwich and on crackers as an appetizer. Both ways are wonderful. Thanks, Lorraine. This is a keeper."
"I always make this by using up my left over pork roast. I chop it up in the food processor and then proceed with the recipe. My husband loves it."