From Norfolk, Nebraska, Lorraine Kramer sent this recipe that uses up extra pork and makes a satisfying solution for brown-bag lunches. "This is a favorite that I turn to whenever I have leftover pork roast," she writes.
- 2 cups ground cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 12 slices white bread
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over six slices of bread, about 1-1/3 cups on each; top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Sandwich Spread in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p61
Reviews for Pork Sandwich Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review