Pork Salad Croissants
Looking for a change of pace from traditional chicken and tuna salad sandwiches? Try this rapid recipe from our Test Kitchen. It combines apple chunks, grapes, chopped walnuts and cubed pork with ginger, chutney and mayonnaise for a lunchtime lifesaver.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium tart apple, diced
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork tenderloin
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add pork: toss
- to coat. Line each croissant bottom with a lettuce leaf. Top with
- about 3/4 cup pork salad. Replace tops.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 643 calories, 43 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 915 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.