Looking for a change of pace from traditional chicken and tuna salad sandwiches? Try this rapid recipe from our Test Kitchen. It combines apple chunks, grapes, chopped walnuts and cubed pork with ginger, chutney and mayonnaise for a lunchtime lifesaver.
Recommended: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium tart apple, diced
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork tenderloin
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add pork: toss to coat. Line each croissant bottom with a lettuce leaf. Top with about 3/4 cup pork salad. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Salad Croissants in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p44