- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Roast 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Brush roast with some of the sauce. Roast 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, brushing occasionally with more sauce. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pork Roast with Zesty Tomato Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Zesty Tomato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review