All eight of my sisters agree: Our mom’s cooking was her best gift to us. We love filling the house with the tantalizing aroma of this roast, which was one of her specialties. —Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
Recommended: 46 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Roast 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Brush roast with some of the sauce. Roast 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, brushing occasionally with more sauce. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pork Roast with Zesty Tomato Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Zesty Tomato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review