Pork Roast with Tangy Sauce Recipe
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 rolled boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, salt and garlic salt; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the jelly, ketchup, vinegar and remaining chili powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until the jelly is melted and mixture is smooth. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- 3. Brush 1/4 cup jelly mixture over roast. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast to a serving platter; let stand for 10-15 minutes. Skim fat from pan drippings. Stir in remaining jelly mixture; heat through. Slice roast and serve with sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 253 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, trace fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Pork Roast with Tangy Sauce
"It was to tangy for me"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer