Pork Roast with Tangy Sauce Recipe
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 rolled boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, salt and garlic salt; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the jelly, ketchup, vinegar and remaining chili powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until the jelly is melted and mixture is smooth. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- 3. Brush 1/4 cup jelly mixture over roast. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast to a serving platter; let stand for 10-15 minutes. Skim fat from pan drippings. Stir in remaining jelly mixture; heat through. Slice roast and serve with sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 253 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Pork Roast with Tangy Sauce
"It was to tangy for me"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer