Pork Roast with Spiced Apples Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- SPICED APPLES:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1. Combine salt, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 160°. Cover and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- 2. In a medium skillet, combine the first six spiced apples ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened. Add apples; simmer, uncovered, until apples are just tender, stirring gently. Serve with sliced pork roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 265 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Pork Roast with Spiced Apples
"Loved the flavors, sweet and savory. Easy to make, not too many ingredients. I substituted with pork tenderloin and cut the recipe in half. I served it with sweet potatoes. Will surely make again."
"This was easy to prepare and cour company loved it. I served the Roasted Root Vegetables with it and both were really enjoyed by all."
"I've made this recipe many times. It's a great "company" dish and has never failed pleasing everyone's taste. Thanks for a wonderful collection of recipes."
"Sooo, Delicious!! Even my fussy husband loved it. This recipe is a keeper."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.