Pork Roast with Spiced Apples Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- SPICED APPLES:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1. Combine salt, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 160°. Cover and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- 2. In a medium skillet, combine the first six spiced apples ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened. Add apples; simmer, uncovered, until apples are just tender, stirring gently. Serve with sliced pork roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 265 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Spiced Apples
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.