Pork Roast with Spiced Apples Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless rolled Pork Loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- SPICED APPLES:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- Combine salt, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 160°. Cover and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- In a medium skillet, combine the first six spiced apples ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened. Add apples; simmer, uncovered, until apples are just tender, stirring gently. Serve with sliced pork roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Spiced Apples(4)
Sort By :
Loved the flavors, sweet and savory. Easy to make, not too many ingredients. I substituted with pork tenderloin and cut the recipe in half. I served it with sweet potatoes. Will surely make again.
This was easy to prepare and cour company loved it. I served the Roasted Root Vegetables with it and both were really enjoyed by all.
I've made this recipe many times. It's a great "company" dish and has never failed pleasing everyone's taste. Thanks for a wonderful collection of recipes.
Sooo, Delicious!! Even my fussy husband loved it. This recipe is a keeper.