Pork Roast with Plum Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sherry, thyme, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, ginger, garlic salt, salt and pepper; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until a meat is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Add jam. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup sauce equals 324 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Plum Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.