This juicy roast lends itself to variation, as apricot preserves would also work well. The flavors blend together perfectly to create a subtle hint of Asian flair. — Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sherry, thyme, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, ginger, garlic salt, salt and pepper; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until a meat is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Add jam. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pork Roast with Plum Sauce in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p17
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Plum Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review