- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sherry, thyme, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, ginger, garlic salt, salt and pepper; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until a meat is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Add jam. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Plum Sauce
Sort By :
I love this "planned overs" idea! Use the leftover meat from this recipe to make a pork stir fry the next night! Saves time and money, always a good thing!
The taste of this reminded me of Christmas, is must have been all the thyme, which I liked. I used her suggestion of apricot preserves and I used fresh ginger. What a knock-out wonderful flavor! And tender.
My husband does not care for fruit and meat combos, so I simply didn't make the sauce. Next time I will make it with much less thyme...the amount the recipe called for was overpowering. Otherwise we thought it was pretty good.
i wondered about all the thyme in this recipe and i was right, yuck! do you guys test these things?
i almost never make the same recipe twice, but i made sure to file this one away. we loved it.