Pork Roast with Peach Sauce Recipe
My husband loves this roast, paired with spiced peaches and sauce. Easy to make, it’s ideal for special occasions or weeknight meals when it’s chilly here in the Northwoods.Janice Christofferson, Eagle River, Wisconsin
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion salt and pepper.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice in a small bowl; stir the chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and pie spice into the juice. Spoon peaches over roast; top with juice mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and peaches to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and peaches. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Pork Roast with Peach Sauce in Country Woman February/March 2011, p36
Reviews for Pork Roast with Peach Sauce(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2012
Kids liked it!
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
This recipe is a keeper. The pork roast tasted best the day after the flavors melded together. My husband wants me to prepare this dish again. Thanks to Janice Christofferson for her delicious recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >