Pork Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 cups refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Cut roast in half; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, red pepper, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and seasonings; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork; cut some into cubes measuring 2-1/2 cups and save for another use. (Keep remaining pork warm.)
- For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat; pour 1 cup into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, cook potatoes on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing; serve with potatoes and gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Sort By :
This was very good. The only thing I did different was to use 1T each of cornstarch and cold water to make the gravy a little thicker.
The pork was nice and tender and the gravy was delicious!
Came out so tender and juicy, just wonderful! The only thing I'll change for next time is to include less vinegar, just because my family prefers it that way. Other than that, very yummy!
This recipe makes the most tender most moist pork I have ever had !!!! Next time I make it, I may tweak the ingredients a bit, but it is absolutely wonderful!!!!
my husband and I just love this recipe. Turns out great every time. Gravy is a little thin so added more cornstarch.