Pork Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy Recipe
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 cups refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Cut roast in half; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, red pepper, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and seasonings; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork; cut some into cubes measuring 2-1/2 cups and save for another use. (Keep remaining pork warm.)
- For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat; pour 1 cup into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, cook potatoes on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing; serve with potatoes and gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy(8)
Sort By :
This recipe makes the most tender most moist pork I have ever had !!!! Next time I make it, I may tweak the ingredients a bit, but it is absolutely wonderful!!!!
my husband and I just love this recipe. Turns out great every time. Gravy is a little thin so added more cornstarch.
I would make this again with one exception - I'd leave out the cider vinegar. The gravy was really tangy. My son loved it but my husband wouldn't eat it at all. I did like how easy to prepare it was. The meat was very easy to slice, but a little dry without the gravy (which was tangy).
I had to email my son in Boston with the recipe because he was down here once (CT) and tasted this and loved it. We love it too. The only thing that I change is that I add a large clove of minced garlic. But that's my taste. It's a great recipe.
This was excellent and so very easy. The fact that it used the slow cooker made this a great weekday meal that tasted like Sunday Supper!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin >