Pork Roast with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Rub over the roast. Place in a shallow baking dish; cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. In a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. If baking the roast, place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 3. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 hours or bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 4. Cover loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 256 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Mango Salsa
"Awesome recipe...the meat is good and the salsa is fantastic! I have to make extra since everyone likes it so much! The salsa is great with chips too!"
"This was delicious! My husband and I really don't care for mango, but it was awesome in this salsa. We had extra salsa and ate it on ham steak."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.