Pork Roast with Herb Rub Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1. Mix first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan, fat side up. Roast until a thermometer reads 145°, 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours.
- 3. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork: 198 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Herb Rub
"This was ok. Not much flavor inside the pork. Not sure if I would make again."
"Beyond excellent but add to directions "spray the pan with Pam"."
"I made a couple changes and this is the best rub ever!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.