Pork Roast with Herb Rub
"A combination of dry herbs gives pork an out-of this-world flavor!" exclaims Carolyn Pope of Mason City, Iowa. "This wonderful, moist roast is a family favorite—and it makes great company fare too."
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- Mix the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Refrigerate at least
- 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting
- pan, fat side up. Roast 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer
- reads 145°.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a