- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- Mix the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Roast 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Pork Roast in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p16
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pork Roast with Herb Rub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review