- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- Mix the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Roast 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Pork Roast in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p16
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Herb Rub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2014
"I made a couple changes and this is the best rub ever!"