Pork Roast with Gravy Recipe
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides. In a small bowl, combine wine, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and bouillon; pour over roast.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 45-60 minutes or until pork is tender, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- 3. Remove roast to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add enough water to measure 1-1/2 cups. Return to pan.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork with 3 tablespoons gravy equals 241 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.