Pork Roast with Fruit Sauce Recipe
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the apple jelly, apple juice and cardamom; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and heated through. Set aside 1/2 cup. Brush some of the remaining sauce over roast; bake 40-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, brushing with sauce every 20 minutes.
- 3. Transfer roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour pan drippings into a saucepan. Add apricots and reserved fruit sauce; cook over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to apricot mixture. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil, about 2 minutes. Serve with roast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 233 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer