- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, apricots and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the rice, onion, parsley, butter, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Cut a deep lengthwise slit in between each bone of the pork roast (do not cut apart); stuff with rice mixture. Place fat side up on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Place remaining rice in a 1-qt. baking dish; cover and refrigerate.
- Bake roast, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Combine preserves and lemon juice; brush over roast. Bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 145°, basting twice with remaining preserves mixture.
- Bake additional rice for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Apricot-Rice Stuffing
Sort By :
This is an easy, eye-catching and flavorful dish. Perfect for a spring Sunday dinner or for Easter, and looks and tastes gourmet-level without a lot of work. My husband and sons gave it compliments. Just two changes, though - next time I will double the amount of rice, since we didn't have enough to go with the meat (we're talking about male appetites here), and I will cook the rice 15-20 minutes, not the 25-30 in the recipe. I followed the recipe and thought the rice came out a little too dry after baking it. And hey! where is everybody? Why am I the only one to review this lovely recipe?
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >