Pork Roast with Apricot-Rice Stuffing Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, apricots and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Stir in the rice, onion, parsley, butter, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 3. Cut a deep lengthwise slit in between each bone of the pork roast (do not cut apart); stuff with rice mixture. Place fat side up on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Place remaining rice in a 1-qt. baking dish; cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Bake roast, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Combine preserves and lemon juice; brush over roast. Bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 145°, basting twice with remaining preserves mixture.
- 5. Bake additional rice for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork rib plus 1/3 cup stuffing equals 639 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 46 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Roast with Apricot-Rice Stuffing
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.