Pork Roast with Apple Topping Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart fresh or dried apples
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh or dried cranberries
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and rub with poultry seasoning. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. For topping, combine the apple jelly, juice and cardamom in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Add apples and cranberries; cook until tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Remove roast from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with apple topping. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2 cups topping).
1 each: 264 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, trace fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Pork Roast with Apple Topping
"Wonderful variation on pork roast! A little something different from the traditional spices on a fall day!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.