- Remove roast from oven; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Transfer to
- a serving platter; cover and keep warm. Pour cider into baking pan;
- stir to loosen browned bits. Transfer to a saucepan; add broth,
- cream, brown sugar and remaining salt. Combine cornstarch and water
- until smooth; stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Add
- mushrooms and heat though.
- To serve, garnish roast with apples and thyme springs if desired.
- Serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 294 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now